The Seeker-Writer: A Rhyming Play 导引头,作者:阿韵播放
Monday, December 10th, 2007 星期一, 07年12月10号This is a short play I wrote, based on a story by Sri Chinmoy , called The Seeker-Writer . It’sa humorous story with a spiritual lesson behind it.这是一个短期发挥我写的基础上,故事由斯里兰卡清 , 称为导引作家 。这是一个幽默的故事与精神教训背后。 Hope you enjoy it!希望您能喜欢它!
[Enter Writer] [进入作家]
Narrator: 叙述者:
Once there was a seeker who’d developed much sincerity.一旦有求职者谁想要开发多少诚意。
By writing books he’d also gained considerable prosperity.由他撰写的书籍也相当繁荣。
His first book was a comprehensive study of zoology,他的第一本书是一个全面的研究,动物学,
His second was a very famous tome on anthropology,他的第二个问题是一个非常著名的人类学圣多美和普林西比,
His third one was his favourite: it was autobiographical,他的第三个是他最喜欢的:它是自传,
His fourth was his most lofty, and was largely theosophical.他的第四次是他最崇高的,并且主要是theosophical 。
Animals, humans, self and God: each subject he’d applauded.动物,人类,自我和上帝:每个主题他鼓掌。
So by the greatest in each realm he hoped to be rewarded.因此,通过在每一个最伟大的境界,他希望得到回报。
Writer: 作者:
Each book that I have written, let me go and read aloud每一本书,我写,让我和朗读
to the best in each field.最好在每个领域。 They will certainly be proud!他们一定会感到自豪!
The first one I will offer to the king of beasts: the lion,第一个,我将提供给国王的野兽:狮子,
The second to my country’s king: the highest human scion.第二我国国王:最高人权接穗。
The third unto the highest in myself I shall address,第三个最高的你们我将自己的地址,
The last to God: my loftiest is certain to impress!最后上帝:我的最高肯定会留下深刻的印象!
[Exits, and re-enters a forest scene. [出口,并重新进入森林现场。 Enter lion.]进入狮子。 ]
Writer: 作者:
Lion, lion, your life-force and power all admire!狮子,狮子,你的生命的力量和权力都佩服!
Your mane so rich, your eyes so deep and wise yet full of fire!您的鬃毛如此丰富,你的眼睛如此之深和明智尚未充分火灾!
Your poise, your grace, your speed and all deportment so majestic!您的平衡,你的恩典,你的速度和所有举止如此壮观!
Your paws so lithe, your teeth so bright, your pouncing so elastic!您的脚爪,以便轻盈,你的牙齿如此明亮,如此您pouncing弹性!
You are noble, for you only kill when you are hungry.你是崇高的,因为你只有杀死当你饿了。
[Lion roars] [狮子怒吼]
Writer: 作者:
Ah!啊! and so it’s written, only roar when you are angry!因此它的书面,只有轰鸣当你感到愤怒!
How dare you roar at me you rude and most ungrateful beast?你怎敢轰鸣声在我,你粗暴,最忘恩负义的野兽?
I sing your praise, and what?我唱你的赞美,和什么? You want to make of me a feast?您想我的一个节日?
[Exeunt] [ Exeunt ]
[Enter Writer and King] [进入作家和国王]
Writer: 作者:
Majesty!陛下! Your royal highest height of human highness!您的皇家最高高度人类殿下!
This fine work of prose I bring to you, despite my shyness.这个优良的散文我给你,尽管我的胆怯。
In it I explore the farthest reaches of humanity,中,我探索人类最远到达,
And in you I see the heights of goodness, grace and sanity,和你我看到的高度善良,风度和理智,
So to you I offer my research on human nature.因此,为了你,我提供我的研究,人类的本性。
Your kindness and compassion bathe this continent in rapture!您的好意和同情洗澡这个大陆的喜悦!
Faith and certitude arise in everyone you meet!信仰和中出现的每个人都确信你满足!
Bravery and wisdom just two puppies at your feet!勇敢和智慧的两个小狗在你的脚下!
Blessèd are your people since your pure and noble birth:您的人有福了,因为你的纯洁和高尚的出生:
In you we see the representative of God on earth.我们看到在你的代表上帝在地球上。
King: 国王:
Thank you.谢谢您。
[Exit King] [退出国王]
Writer: 作者:
‘Thank you’? '谢谢' ? ‘Thank you’? '谢谢' ? Well my ears must need a clean.以及我的耳边,必须需要一个干净的。
How could it be that one so fine and noble speaks so mean!怎么可能不是这样,一个如此罚款和崇高讲这样的意思!
I offer my own heart in words, all praise and admiration.我提供我自己的心脏的话,所有的赞扬和钦佩。
Is ‘Thank you’ all he has to say for such appreciation?是'谢谢你' ,他已经说了这样的赞赏?
So for nought this life is spent in wordy adoration.因此,对这种生活是化为乌有用于罗嗦朝拜。
What can a humble writer do, when doomed by his vocation,什么可以做谦虚作家时,注定了他的使命,
but weep into the night and seek the solace of his soul.但哭泣到深夜,并寻求安慰了他的灵魂。
[Enter soul] [进入灵魂]
Yes!是! Let me read my third book, it is sure to reach its goal!让我看我的第三本书,这是一定要达到的目标!
This, my favourite work of prose is all about myself,这一点,我最喜欢的工作,散文是我自己,
How can I sit and let it gather dust upon a shelf?怎样才能让我坐在它收集粉尘经大陆架?
Soul, my soul you are the brightest, dearest of possessions,灵魂,我的灵魂你是最聪明的,最亲爱的财物,
The purest and the best in me, imparter of great lessons,最纯净和最优秀的我, imparter大的教训,
To your beauty, this my earthly body is no parallel您的美丽,我这俗世的身体没有并行
You are the fastest whitest horse upon my life’s carousel!你是最快的whitest马在我生命的行李!
[Soul smiles] [灵魂的微笑]
Fifteen minutes solid, soul, I have admired and praised, 15分钟扎实,灵魂,我钦佩和赞扬,
And all you do is smile?和所有你要做的就是微笑? Now I really am amazed.现在我真的很吃惊。
Of all the aspects of myself I thought you were the best,的各个方面是自己,我还以为你是最好的,
But you are much more mean and more ungrateful than rest!但是,你更平均,更忘恩负义比其他!
[Soul stops smiling. [灵魂停止微笑。 Exit Soul]出口灵魂]
But wait, my finest literary work I shall reveal!别急,我的最好的文学作品,我发现!
If not beast or man or soul, then God will surely feel如果不是野兽或人或灵魂,那么上帝一定会觉得
The meaning of my words; their depth and clarity.的含义,我的话,他们的深度和清晰度。
If no-one else, then God will see my brilliance and rarity.如果没有人,那么上帝会看到我的辉煌和稀有。
[Enter God] [进入上帝]
God, I stand before You now in grateful, warm elation上帝,我现在站在你面前的感谢,热烈兴奋
Reflecting in amazement at Your vast and grand creation反映惊讶你的丰富和大创造
Upon your little Finger-Tip the planets make their dance.一旦你的小指尖行星使他们的舞蹈。
Your Grace is in the eye of Time, of Mystery and Chance.你的恩典是在眼睛的时间内,充满了神秘感和机会。
Throughout the universe Your fond Compassion reigns supreme.在整个宇宙您喜欢同情至高无上。
I am glowing with delight to play my part inside Your Dream!我很高兴发光发挥我在你的梦!
God: 上帝:
It is all right.这是所有权利。
[Exit God] [退出上帝]
Writer: 作者:
‘All right‘? '好吧' ? ‘All right’ only? '好吧'只? No!否! Alas!唉!
My finest and most lofty work waved off like so much gas?我的最好的和最崇高的工作挥手像这么多气?
How could God Himself be so devoid of love and gratitude?上帝怎么会如此缺乏爱和感激?
To think I hoped to be like him!以为我希望像他一样! Well I don’t like His attitude!嗯,我不喜欢他的态度!
I hoped at least my Heavenly Father could say something nice,我希望至少我的天父可以说好听,
But in Him instead I found a heart as hard as ice.但是,在他而不是我发现了一个心像冰。
I found only disappointment in so-called superiors,我发现只有失望,所谓上级,
Let me teach them something!让我教他们的东西! I’ll visit their inferiors!我要访问它们的低人一等!
The tiger stands in second place for bravery and might.老虎站在排在第二位的勇气和实力。
I’ll choose my words to cunningly assure him of his height.我会选择我的话狡猾向他保证,他的身高。
[Exits, and re-enters a forest scene. [出口,并重新进入森林现场。 Enter tiger.]进入老虎。 ]
Tiger, tiger burning bright!虎,虎燃烧光明! Your markings are the oddest,您的标记,是古怪,
But in the forest hierarchy, surely you’re too modest!但是,在森林层次,当然你太谦虚!
With your deft skills and courage all lions you’d defeat!与您的娴熟技巧和勇气,所有的狮子您想要打败!
Such claws!例如爪子! such teeth!这样的牙齿! You’d mangle any hero into meat!您想要的任何英雄曼格莱到肉!
Lions are just pansies, all strutting, pompous fluff!狮子只是三色紫罗兰,所有strutting ,浮夸浮华!
All they really do is roar to make themselves look tough!他们真的是注重成果的年度报告,以使自己看起来艰难!
Tiger: 老虎:
Yes.是。 Yes!是! Thank you little human!谢谢你什么人! Now I see!现在我看!
I’m Top Cat, I’m all that, it’s all about me!我顶猫,我这一切,这一切都对我的!
[Writer nods] [作家点头]
[Tiger struts around, then finds a gold ring on the ground and carries it in his mouth] [老虎支柱周围,然后找到一个金戒指,并在地面上进行它在他的嘴]
Tiger: 老虎:
What’s this?这是什么? Let’s see, is it something nice to eat?让我们看看,是好东西吃?
Yeuch , it’s made of gold! Yeuch ,这是金子做的! What use is anything but meat?什么用什么,但肉?
[Drops the ring by the Writer, and exits] [滴眼液环的作家,并退出]
Writer: 作者:
O!哦! Such a fine, expensive, jewelled, golden ring!这样的罚款,昂贵,宝石,金戒指!
Such gratitude the tiger has to give me such a thing!这种感激的老虎已给我这样的事情!
At last someone has felt my love, my efforts were worthwhile!最后,有人认为我的爱,我的努力是值得的!
So much more one ring is worth than just one measly smile!因此,更值得一环不仅仅是一个measly的微笑!
With pride and joy abundant now I’ll carry on my quest!充满自豪和喜悦丰富的现在,我将履行我的追求!
One realm adores me, now I’ll seek the praises of the rest.一个境界喜欢我,现在我会寻求唱赞歌的休息。
If the tiger loves, then let the dumb lion abhor me.如果老虎爱,然后让哑巴狮子痛恨我。
If not the king, then let his minister adore me.如果没有国王,然后让他的部长喜欢我。
[Exits, and re-enters a palace scene. [出口,并重新进入皇宫现场。 Enter minister.]输入部长。 ]
Minister, do you see you are much greater than the king?部长,你认为你是远远超过国王?
Your humility is greatness, I am not just flattering!您的谦逊是伟大的,我不只是奉承!
Your selfless life in service to your country will pay off,您无私的生活服务,贵国将还清,
Every pauper, every lord to you their cap will doff.每一个穷光蛋,每上帝给你的帽子将脱。
With your virtues, wait and see, in time you’ll take the throne;与您的美德,等待和观望,在您的宝座;
All the riches of this realm are sure to be your own!所有的财富这一领域肯定会是你自己!
You do all the work, and still the king gets all the glory,你所有的工作,但仍然得到了国王所有的荣耀,
But wait and see, in time it’s sure to be a different story.但等待和观望,在它的确是一个不同的故事。
[Minister looks around, gives Writer a big bag of money, then exits.] [部长期待周围,使作家大一袋钱,然后退出。 ]
A thousand rupees!一千卢比! I was right, and here’s the proof!我是对的,这里的证明!
The so-called highest do not know and do not care for truth.所谓最高不知道,不关心事实真相。
Those below them really see the wisdom of my mind.以下他们真正看到的智慧,我的脑海。
In spiritual height I see they leave superiors behind.在精神高度我看到他们离开上级后面。
[Enter Heart] [进入心脏]
Heart, my heart, you are so nice, to everyone so kind.心,我的心,你这么漂亮,每个人太好了。
They say the soul’s the highest, strongest, deepest, most refined,他们说,灵魂的最高,最强烈,最深切,最完善,
But where is that fickle rogue?但是,如果是,变幻无常无赖? You’re here for all to see.你在这里都可以看到。
Your love so steady offers shelter like a generous tree.你的爱,使稳定提供住房像一个慷慨树。
Even doctors know you, and I feel you with each breath.甚至医生知道你,我觉得你的每一个呼吸。
When you stop, I cannot live, and follow you to death.当你停止,我不能生活,并按照您死刑。
[Heart starts to cry] [心开始哭]
Heart: 心:
Never!从不! No!否! Words like that come only from a fool.这样的话只能来自一个傻瓜。
Have you not learned the ABCs yet at your inner school?你没有学到的自动边防系统尚未在您的内心的学校?
How can I ever match the divine beauty of the soul?我怎么都符合神圣美丽的灵魂?
I am simple as a child, and earthly is my role,我很简单的一个孩子,和俗世的是我的作用,
I am honoured all my earthly life the soul to serve,我很荣幸我所有的俗世生活的灵魂,以服务,
And praise for higher virtues I never shall deserve.和赞扬高美德我从来没有应值得。
[Exit heart, crying] [退出心,哭]
Writer: 作者:
In passing on my lavish praise the heart was o so hasty通过对我国丰富的赞扬心脏ö如此仓促
And to my soul, ungrateful, undivine and o so nasty!和我的灵魂,忘恩负义, undivine和O如此肮脏!
How my heart is melting at my own sweet heart’s humility.如何融化我的心是在我自己的甜蜜心脏的谦卑。
The heart’s the greatest part of me, the source of all nobility.心脏的最大组成部分箱,所有来源的贵族。
[Exits, and re-enters a Heavenly scene with a flower. [出口,并重新进入天国现场的花。 Enter a cosmic god.]输入一个宇宙神。 ]
Writer: 作者:
Cosmic god, I come to offer you all my devotion;宇宙的上帝,我来向你提供我所有的奉献精神;
I found that God is empty of all Fatherly emotion.我发现,上帝是空的所有慈父情绪。
I spent my life in serving Him with each breath of mine.我用我的生命在他任职的每一个呼吸地雷。
‘It is all right,’ He said! '这是所有权利,他说! How very cold and undivine!多么寒冷和undivine !
God does nothing well!上帝没有什么好! I made of Him a lovely fuss,我在他的一个可爱的事,
And did He even thank me?和他甚至感谢我呢? How can the world be thus?如何才能得到这样的世界?
‘All wrong,’ I say. '都错了, '我说。 My praise was lofty and immense!我的赞美是崇高和巨大的!
I think He has grown old, and is no longer speaking sense.我认为他已经老了,不再讲意义。
Your beauty and your wisdom are remarkably superior.您的美丽和你的智慧非常优越。
You need not be suspicious that my motives are ulterior;你不用怀疑我的动机是别有用心;
I see in you the future God, and offer my obeisance.我看到你在今后的上帝,并提供我的朝拜。
I bow to you.俺给你鞠躬。 In you I hail divinity’s renaissance.在你我冰雹神的复兴。
I place the flower at your feet which God did not deserve.我把鲜花在你的脚下上帝不值得。
In my undying service, I shall love without reserve.在我的不朽的服务,我将毫无保留的爱。
Cosmic God: 宇宙神:
Idiot!白痴! Get out with your foul words to the Supreme!走出你犯规的话向最高法院!
I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes when He lets off steam!我不想在你的鞋时,他可以从蒸汽!
How can you appreciate the Love He has for all你怎么理解爱他的所有
With such a craven attitude and with a mind so small?有了这样一个怯懦的态度,以铭记这么小?
How dare you place a flower at my far inferior feet?你怎敢地方花远不如我的脚?
As wasteful and ridiculous as pearls cast in the street!正如浪费和可笑,珍珠演员在街上!
[Enter God. [进入上帝。 Cosmic god places flower at God's Feet]宇宙神花的地方在上帝的脚]
Supreme, I bow to Thee, to Thee, Supreme I bow and bow.最高法院,我服从你,对你,最高法院我鞠躬鞠躬。
[Exit God and Cosmic god] [退出上帝和宇宙神]
Writer: 作者:
Respect is due, I say again, if not before then now!尊重是因为,我再说一遍,如果不是在此之前,现在!
All of my devotion for himself he could have kept,我所有的奉献,他为自己能够一直保持,
But he gave it all to God, I swear I could have wept!但他这一切的上帝,我发誓,我可以哭!
Now I know for certain that the highest are inferior,现在我知道一些,最高处于劣势,
And that the so-called greatest are in no way superior!和所谓的最大绝不优越!
In so many ways I put my theory to the test在许多方面我把我的理论测试
And now I think it’s time for me to take a well-earned rest.现在我认为这是时间对我来说,需要良好的休息。
[Lies dow to sleep. [谎言道琼睡觉。 Enter Saint]进入圣]
Writer: 作者:
Is it a dream?这是一个梦吗? Are you a saint or do my eyes deceive me?你是圣人还是我的眼睛骗我?
Saint: 圣:
A vision and a saint I am, I hoped you would receive me.远见和圣我,我希望您会收到我。
You’re a fool.你是一个傻瓜。 Your silly theories only tricked your mind.你傻理论不仅欺骗您的想法。
You tried to seek the highest, but you left the truth behind.您试图寻求最高的,但你离开背后的真相。
God sent me to you, and with some exasperation.上帝派我来向你,并与一些恼怒。
When the lion roared it was with joy and inspiration!当狮子roared是带着喜悦和鼓舞!
Your love brought him new courage so he spoke his mighty thunder.你的爱给他新的勇气,所以他以他的强大的雷声。
It was his way of thanking you, and showing you he’d heard.这是他的方式感谢你,并显示你他听说。
What did you think, he’d dance a jig?您为什么认为,他会跳舞1夹具? Or twitter like a bird?或叽叽喳喳像鸟?
What of the king?什么国王? You think he likes verbose appreciation?你认为他喜欢详细赞赏?
He thanked you, and you felt such vehement indignation?他感谢你,你认为这种强烈的愤慨?
He hears praise from many who are greater, more refined,他听到许多赞美谁是更大,更完善,
Less long-winded than you are.少啰嗦比你。 To thank you was most kind!感谢你是最客气!
You were lucky that he let you ramble on at will.你是幸运的,他让你漫步上的意愿。
From him a nod is praise indeed.他点头称赞确实是。 A ‘Thank you’, greater still!甲'谢谢' ,更大!
And from your soul you think a smile is such a common thing?从你的灵魂你认为微笑是这样一种共同的东西?
Did you hope to see it jump for joy or start to sing?你希望看到它雀跃或开始唱?
Your soul is God on earth, and its smile is His Divinity!你的灵魂是上帝在地球上,它的微笑是他的神!
To know that you have pleased your soul is to receive Infinity!要知道,你高兴的是你的灵魂得到无穷!
Talking of God, there is one more thing I have to say.谈论上帝,还有一点我不得不说。
‘It is all right’ means that you are right in every way! '这是所有权利'的意思是你的权利以各种方式!
God told you to your face your words were all perfection.上帝告诉你,以你的脸你的话都完美。
You became disgusted, but you missed His true Inflection!您是反感,但是你错过了真正的拐点!
For God to give such praise means all your words are ratified!为上帝给这种赞扬是指所有的话都批准!
Much more than you deserved, but still you were dissatisfied!远远超过你无愧的,但您仍不满意!
Only a fool would choose self-pity over glory.只有傻瓜会选择自我怜悯的荣耀。
Your call, your life, your progress, end of story.您的电话,你的生活,你的进展,年底前的故事。
The highest are the highest, but those who won’t believe最高的是最高的,但那些谁也不会相信
Are missing out on blessings they could easily receive.是错过了祝福,他们可以很容易地得到。
If we are earnest, pure in faith, and true unto the soul如果我们认真地,纯洁的信仰,和真正的灵魂你们
We may let the greatest lead us to the highest Goal.我们最大的可能让导致我们的最高目标。
— The End — - 完 -
- You can read the original story by Sri Chinmoy at SriChinmoyLibrary.com你可以阅读原始故事的斯里兰卡清在SriChinmoyLibrary.com
- Other rhyming plays plays by Sumangali at SriChinmoyCentre.org:其他押韵发挥发挥的Sumangali在SriChinmoyCentre.org :












