Archive for the ‘poetry’ Category昔日的'诗'种类

The Spirituality of Emily Dickinson 的精神狄金森

Saturday, May 10th, 2008 星期六, 2008年5月10日

艾米莉狄金森 Emily Dickinson referred to herself as a pagan.狄金森提到自己作为一个异教徒。 Some biographers would go so far as to label her a druid for her worship of nature.一些传记作家将迄今为止以标签她德鲁伊她崇拜的性质。 But was this apparently stubborn heathen life really built on atheism?但是,这显然是顽固不信教的生活真正建立在无神论?

On the surface what seems a blatant rebellion against the Christian reforms sweeping New England in the 19th Century could be misinterpreted as a lack of spiritual inclination.表面上看来是公然反抗基督教改革席卷新英格兰地区在19世纪可能被误解为缺乏精神的倾向。 If we look beneath even a single veneer we will undoubtedly find true spirituality at the heart of her endeavour; far from snubbing God, but simply insisting on no less than a first-hand experience of Him.如果我们看一下下面甚至一个单一的单板,我们无疑会找到真正的精神的核心,她的努力;远离snubbing上帝,只是坚持不低于第一次亲身体验了。

The poet shunned religious doctrine, but did she shun religion?诗人避开宗教教义,但她信宗教? Certainly not as a whole, and even then it may be merely a matter of syntax.当然不是作为一个整体,而且即便如此,它可能仅仅是一个问题的语法。 The words ‘religion’ and ‘spirituality’ may at times be used interchangeably, and at others a fine distinction must be made.改为'宗教'和'精神'有时可能互换使用,并在其他罚款必须作出区分。 Charles Anderson chooses to make no distinction, using the word ‘religion’ in its broadest, and perhaps most primal sense:查尔斯安德森选择不做区分,使用单词'宗教'在最广泛的,也许是最原始意义:

“The final direction of her poetry, and the pressures that created it, can only be described as religious, using that word in its ‘dimension of depth.’” “最后的方向,她的诗歌,和压力,创造它,只能被称为宗教,使用这个词在其'层面的深度。 ”

Emily inherited the Puritan traits of austerity, simplicity, and practicality, as well as an astute observation of the inner self, but her communication with her higher Self was much more informal than her God-fearing forefathers would have dared.刘慧卿继承了清教徒性状的紧缩,简单性和实用性,以及敏锐的观察内心的自我,但她与她的更高的自我更是非正式比她敬畏上帝的祖先本来不敢。 The daughter of the ‘Squire’ of Amherst, she came from a line of gritty, stalwart pioneers, carrying what was almost considered the blue blood of America.的女儿'乡绅'的阿默斯特,她来自一个线顽强,坚定的先驱,携带什么几乎认为蓝血合众国。 Her family was far from poor, but she did not lead a lavish life, for the Puritans abhorred luxury and waste (even a waste of words, which trait the poet did well to inherit).她的家人远离贫困,但她没有过奢华生活,为清教徒憎恶奢侈浪费(即使是浪费的话,性状表现良好的诗人继承) 。

She accepted the Puritan ideals of being ‘called’ or ‘chosen’ by God, and fully embraced the merits of transcending desire, but not the concept of being inherently sinful:她接受了清教徒理想正在'所谓'或'选择'的上帝,并完全接受的优点超越的愿望,而不是固有的概念正在罪孽深重:

“While the Clergyman tells Father and Vinnie that ‘this Corruptible shall put on Incorruption’ it has already done so and they go defrauded.” “虽然牧师告诉父亲和大奖'这腐败应放在廉政建设'它已经这样做了,他们去诈骗。 ”

She had faith in her own divinity, so perhaps she was yet more certain of God than her peers.她有信心在自己的神,所以也许她还没有更多的某些上帝比她的同龄。 She did not claim to fully understand Him, or even to have perennial faith in all His Ways—her poetry bears a continuing strain of doubt—but she certainly did not fear Him.她不主张完全了解他,或什至有常年的信念在他的所有途径,她的诗歌有一个持续的应变疑问,但她肯定没有怕他。 The inner freedom this afforded her—rare for a woman of her time—brought her to the point of being almost cheeky in her familiarity and certainty.内在自由这使得她的,很少有女人,她的时间把她的角度几乎厚脸皮在她熟悉和确定性。 This confidence fed her poetry sumptuously, and gave it the well-known child-like quality.她的这种信任美联储诗歌豪华,并赋予它众所周知的孩子般质量。 To her, truth was in nature.她说,事实是性质的。 In that beauty she could see and feel God directly:在这美丽,她可以看到和听到上帝直接:

Some keep the Sabbath going to Church —一些保持安息日会教堂-
I keep it, staying at Home —我把它留在家里-
With a Bobolink for a Chorister —与Bobolink的Chorister -
And an Orchard, for a Dome —和果园,一个圆顶-

Some keep the Sabbath in Surplice —一些保持安息日的法衣-
I just wear my Wings —我只是穿我的翅膀-
And instead of tolling the Bell, for Church,而非收费贝尔,教会,
Our little Sexton — sings.我们的小塞克斯顿-唱。

God preaches, a noted Clergyman —宣扬上帝,一个牧师指出-
And the sermon is never long,和讲道从来都不是长期,
So instead of getting to Heaven, at last —因此,而不是去天堂,在去年-
I’m going, all along.我要去,所有沿。

Emily did actually attend church regularly, sometimes traveling to hear some of the rousing and charismatic preachers who stamped their mark on that era.刘慧卿确实经常参加教会,有时听到一些旅游的热烈和富有魅力的布道者谁盖上他们那个时代的印记。 She was often moved by these sermons, perhaps as compelled by the speaker’s delivery and the construction of words as the message within them.她常常感动这些说教,可能迫使由一位发言者的交付和建设的话作为信息内。 But this was not enough to entice her to succumb to the fierce religious revival.但是,这是不够的,以吸引她屈服于激烈的宗教复兴。 One by one her friends received an inner calling and were ‘saved,’ officially accepting Christianity.一个接一个她的朋友们收到了内在要求,并保存的,正式接受基督教。 Members of her close-knit family eventually followed suit, including her strong-willed father, and finally her brother, Austin, perhaps her closest ally.她的成员联系紧密的家庭最终跟进,包括她的意志坚定的父亲,最后她的哥哥,奥斯汀,也许是她最亲密的盟友。 Emily would not commit to something she could not sincerely feel, even under the unthinkable social pressure that surrounded her.刘慧卿不会承诺什么,她不能真诚的感觉,即使在无法想象的社会压力,包围了她。

Until the age of 30 she continued going to church, although she was excluded from certain meetings and services open only to those who had been ’saved’.直到30岁的她继续去教堂,但她被排除某些会议和服务开放的只有那些谁已保存' 。 She became increasingly reclusive throughout her 30s.她变得越来越隐居在她30多岁。 It is tempting to see her seclusion as further evidence of spiritual asceticism.人们很容易看到她隐退为进一步证明了精神禁欲主义。 Her spiritual path was certainly intensely lonely in such a social climate, but she craved aloneness more and more, and seclusion somehow formed a symbiotic relationship with her art.她的精神之路肯定是激烈的寂寞在这样的社会气氛,但她渴望更多的孤独和隔离某种程度上形成一种共生的关系,她的艺术。 Increasingly her art became an expression of her spirituality.她的艺术日益成为一个表达她的灵性。

Immortality (“the Flood Subject” as she called it) consumed Emily’s consciousness.永生(以下简称“防洪主体” ,她称之为)刘慧卿消费意识。 Dwelling on death was natural in those times as illness and general hardship frequently took lives around her, her awareness heightened further by the many years spent in a house adjoining a cemetery.住宅是很自然的死亡时间在这些疾病和一般艰苦的生活经常在她周围,她的高度,进一步认识多年花费在一所房子隔壁的一个公墓。 But dwelling on death was also almost a spiritual practice, a ‘graveyard meditation,’ a means of focus, breathing life into the concepts of Eternity, Infinity and Immortality.但住宅的死亡也几乎是精神的做法,一个墓地冥想, '的一种手段重点,呼吸生命的概念,永恒,无限和永生。

Poet and philosopher Sri Chinmoy said of the poet:诗人和哲学家斯里兰卡清说诗人:

“Emily Dickinson wrote thousands of psychic poems. “狄金森数以千计的心理写的诗。 One short poem of hers is enough to give sweet feelings and bring to the fore divine qualities of the soul.”短短诗的她就足以让甜蜜的感情,使突出的神圣素质的灵魂。 “

“With a deep sense of gratitude, let me call upon the immortal soul of Emily Dickinson, whose spiritual inspiration impels a seeker to know what God the Infinite precisely is. “有了深切感谢,让我呼吁不朽的灵魂狄金森,其精神激励促使一求职者知道上帝是无限精确。 She says:她说:
‘The infinite a sudden guest '的无穷突然客户
Has been assumed to be,已经假定,
But how can that stupendous come但如何才能来到这惊人
Which never went away?’”从来没有走? “

From Patriots of America by Sri Chinmoy 爱国者美国的斯里兰卡清

What drove her consistently was that she needed truth, and at any cost.什么将她始终是她需要真相,不惜任何代价。 She needed to see it with her own eyes and feel it with her own heart, not grasp at it in the words of a clergyman but explain it to herself through her own words.她需要把它与自己的眼睛,觉得它与自己的心脏,它没有把握的话牧师解释,但她通过她自己的话。 It seems she was even ready to die for her cause:看来,她甚至愿意为她死的原因:

I died for beauty, but was scarce本人死亡的美丽,但稀少
Adjusted in the tomb,调整,在1830年,
When one who died for truth was lain当一个人死亡的真相谁是其它
In an adjoining room.在隔壁房间里。

He questioned softly why I failed?他质疑为什么我轻轻地失败了吗?
“For beauty,” I replied. “美, ”我回答。
“And I for truth, —the two are one;他说: “我的真相, ,这两个是一个;
We brethren are,” he said.我们兄弟的, “他说。

And so, as kinsmen met a night,因此,作为面团会见了晚上,
We talked between the rooms,我们之间交谈的客房,
Until the moss had reached our lips,直到苔已达到我们的嘴唇,
And covered up our names.并涵盖了我们的名字。

Emily’s truth-seeking was a spiritual quest that governed her inner life, and naturally blossomed through her poetic works.艾米莉的求真是寻求精神上的安慰管辖她的内心世界,并通过她自然开花诗作品。 Her own words, in a letter to a friend, succinctly claim Eternity and Immortality as her own.她自己的话,在给朋友的信,简明扼要地索赔永恒和不朽的她自己。 Perhaps they also presage the enduring spiritual appeal of her writing, far beyond the short span of her life:或许他们也预示着持久的精神呼吁她写作,远远超出了短短的一生:

“So I conclude that space & time are things of the body & have little or nothing to do with our selves. “因此,我得出这样的结论:空间和时间都是在身体与很少或没有关系我们的自我。 My Country is Truth.”我国是真相。 “

Keyword Haiku 关键字句

Tuesday, February 19th, 2008 星期二, 08年2月19日

麻雀,月球和桃花源,由安藤广重 Anyone for a word game (or a nerd game really)?任何人的文字游戏(或nerd游戏真的) ?

I was just looking at the stats for this blog.我只在看的统计资料本博客。 I usually only read the top 10 search phrases, but glanced at the top 25 keywords, and noticed they almost make sense if read in order, perhaps the opening credits and scene setting of a very strange play?我通常只能读取前10位的搜索词组,但看了看前25的关键字,并注意到他们几乎毫无意义,如果为了阅读,也许是开放信贷和现场设置的一种非常奇怪的发挥? (Caps and punctuation added): (瓶盖和标点符号补充) :

* * * * * *
THE LUCKY THINGS 幸运的事
OF SUMANGALI MILTON 米尔顿的SUMANGALI
a John Peach Story 1约翰桃的故事

[SPACE] [空格]

Ramayana words in poem (Chinese)罗摩衍那字诗(中文)

Shou home (origin: container)守家(来源:集装箱)

By Lao由老挝
(and… what… God?) (和... ...上帝是什么? )

* * * * * *

Want to play?想打? Just take a look at your 25 top keywords.只是来看看您的25个,间接的。 No cheating, but you can put them in a different order if you like.没有作弊,但你可以把他们在不同的命令如果你喜欢。 I just happen to like the order mine came in.巧的是我喜欢的顺序排雷进来

* * * * * *

You can learn how to write Haiku for real at haiku.insouthsea.co.uk .您可以了解如何撰写俳句真正在haiku.insouthsea.co.uk Their site header reads “In the moonlight a worm… silently drills through a chestnut.” Bet you want to find out what happened next…他们的网站上,标题为“在月光下蠕虫...默默演练通过板栗。 ”敢打赌,你想知道发生了什么未来...

* * * * * *

尤达
“Do or do not, there is no try. “做或不这样做,没有人尝试。
—Yoda -尤达

* * * * * *

CREDITS:突出业务:

John Milton and The Origin Of Space 约翰米尔顿和空间的起源

Sunday, January 13th, 2008 星期日, 2008年1月13号
星座时钟

“With thee conversing I forget all time, “跟你交谈我忘记了所有的时间,
All seasons and thir change, all please alike.全季和thir变化,所有请一样的。
Sweet is the breath of morn, her rising sweet,甜蜜的是呼吸的早晨,她的上升甜,
With charm of earliest Birds; pleasant the Sun与魅力的最早的鸟类;愉快的太阳
When first on this delightful Land he spreads当第一次对这个愉快的土地,他差
His orient Beams, on herb, tree, fruit, and flour,他的东方梁,对药草,树,水果,面粉,
Glistring with dew; fragrant the fertil earth Glistring与露水;香的fertil地球
After soft showers; and sweet the coming on在软阵雨;和今后的甜
Of grateful Eevning milde, then silent Night感激Eevning米尔德,然后沉默之夜
With this her solemn Bird and this fair Moon,这一庄严的伯德和她的这次博览会月球,
And these the Gemms of Heav’n, her starrie train:和这些的Gemms的Heav'n ,她starrie火车:
But neither breath of Morn when she ascends但无论是呼吸晨当她升天
With charm of earliest Birds, nor rising Sun与魅力的最早的鸟类,也没有升起的太阳
On this delightful land, nor herb, fruit, floure,在这个愉快的土地,也没有草,水果, floure ,
Glistring with dew, nor fragrance after showers, Glistring的露水,也没有香味后,淋浴,
Nor grateful Evening mild, nor silent Night也感谢晚报温和,也无声的夜
With this her solemn Bird, nor walk by Moon,她与这个庄严的鸟,也不走了月球,
Or glittering Starr-light without thee is sweet.或金光闪闪斯塔尔光没有你是甜的。
But wherfore all night long shine these, for whom但是wherfore通夜服务这些,对他们来说,
This glorious sight, when sleep hath shut all eyes?”这一光荣的视线,当睡眠上帝关闭所有的目光? “

—John Milton, Paradise Lost Book IV -约翰米尔顿, 失乐园第四篇

This is my favourite passage from the man who is considered the second greatest English poet.这是我最喜欢的通道从该名男子谁是第二个最大的英国诗人。 If John Milton was ever irked at having to play second fiddle to Shakespeare in the poetic hall of fame, it may have comforted him to remember that his poetic works were not his greatest feat.如果约翰米尔顿是以往任何时候都不满,已发挥的副手莎士比亚的诗意名人堂,可能安慰他记得,他的诗歌作品不是他最大的壮举。 Indeed, he invented Space.事实上,他发明了空间。

外层空间

Without him, NASA would be NA?A, there would be no “final frontier” into which Captain Kirk could boldly go, and no number 1 hit across 23 countries for Babylon Zoo (arguably a mixed blessing).没有他, 美国宇航局将不适用?答,就不会有“最后的边疆”到这柯克船长可以大胆地去,并没有击中1号各地23个国家的巴比伦动物园(大概喜忧参半) 。

Four hundred years ago, “ Space ,” in the Outer Space sense of the word, was the relatively empty regions of the universe outside the atmospheres of celestial bodies.四百年前, “ 空间 ” ,在外层空间的含义来看,是相对空白区域以外的宇宙天体的大气。 Thanks to Milton it is now in a handy 5-letter package, to which we can more readily append words such as man, ship, shuttle, hopper, and cadet.由于米尔顿现在是在一个方便的5个字母包,我们可以更容易附加词,如人,船,接送,料斗,和少年。

Milton was not always so beneficent, as he also created “pandemonium” and “gloom”.米尔顿并非总是如此善行,因为他还创造了“混乱”和“悲观” 。 But we are indebted to him for the words terrific, jubilant and sensuous.但是,我们感激他的话了,喜庆和感性。 Without him we would never “trip the light fantastic,” or be moon-struck.没有他,我们永远不会“行根据太棒了, ”或者是月球击中。

This week visitors to Cambridge University Library will have a chance to inspect the workings of Milton’s great mind, as some of his rare manuscripts are put on display.本周访问剑桥大学图书馆将有机会检查工作的弥尔顿的伟大精神,他的一些稀有手稿展出。

约翰米尔顿

Milton’s influence on the modern world cannot be underestimated, says Dr Gavin Alexander, fellow of Christ’s College: “His writing took epic realms like fantasy, romance and science fiction and combined them with ideas about politics, morality and human nature on a huge cosmic scale nobody had really seen before… Without him, it is possible we would never have heard of The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, or The Matrix.”弥尔顿的影响,当今世界不可低估,文亚历山大博士说,研究员基督学院: “他的写作境界了史诗一样幻想,浪漫和科幻小说,并结合他们的思想政治,道德和人性的一个巨大的宇宙规模没有人真正见过的...如果没有他,很可能我们永远不会听到的魔戒,星际旅行,或矩阵。 “

“He is among the world’s great poets,” says Professor Christopher Ricks in the preface to the exhibition. “他是世界上最伟大的诗人教授说, ”克里斯托弗里克斯在展览前言。 “Living at this Hour: John Milton 1608-2008″ opens at the Cambridge University Library on Tuesday. “生活在这个时候:约翰米尔顿1608至2008年”打开在剑桥大学图书馆星期二。

—Read more from John Milton: the poet who gave us ‘Star Trek’ and ‘The Matrix’ in the Independent On Sunday读更多约翰米尔顿:诗人谁给了我们'星际旅行'和'矩阵 '中的独立日

Rarely do we know the exact circumstances surrounding the coining of a brand new word.很少,我们知道确切的情况下,周围的冲制的一个全新的词。 But in the case of googol, a mathematical term for the number represented by a one followed by 100 zeroes or 10100, we know exactly who coined it and when, Milton Sirotta, the nephew of mathematician Edward Kasner, and the year was 1938.但在涉及天文,数学名词所代表的人数一个后面跟着100个零或10100 ,我们确切地知道谁发明它时,米尔顿Sirotta ,侄子的数学家Edward Kasner ,和1938年全年。 From Kasner and Newman’s Mathematics and the Imagination (1940):从Kasner和纽曼数学和想象( 1940年) :

The name “googol” was invented by a child (Dr. Kasner’s nine-year-old nephew) who was asked to think up a name for a very big number, namely, 1 with a hundred zeros after it…At the same time that he suggested “googol” he gave a name for a still larger number: “Googolplex.”命名为“天文数字”发明了一个孩子(博士Kasner的9岁的侄子)谁想到有人问了一个名称为一个非常大的数目,即1 100个零后, ...在同当时,他建议“天文数字”他给了一个名称仍然较多: “ Googolplex 。 ”

Later in the book:后来在这本书:

A googol is 10 100 ; a googolplex is 10 to the googol power.阿天文数字是10 100 ; 1 googolplex是10到天文权力。

The name of the search engine and software company, Google, is a deliberate variant of the mathematical term.的名称,搜索引擎和软件公司,谷歌,是一种蓄意的变体的数学术语。 The company’s founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, came up with the name in 1998.公司的创始人, Larry Page和Sergey Brin ,想出的名字于1998年。 They altered the spelling for trademark purposes.他们改变了拼写为商标的目的。

www.wordorigins.org - www.wordorigins.org

The Seeker-Writer: A Rhyming Play 导引头,作者:阿韵播放

Monday, December 10th, 2007 星期一, 07年12月10号

This is a short play I wrote, based on a story by Sri Chinmoy , called The Seeker-Writer . It’sa humorous story with a spiritual lesson behind it.这是一个短期发挥我写的基础上,故事由斯里兰卡清称为导引作家这是一个幽默的故事与精神教训背后。 Hope you enjoy it!希望您能喜欢它!

[Enter Writer] [进入作家]

Narrator: 叙述者:
Once there was a seeker who’d developed much sincerity.一旦有求职者谁想要开发多少诚意。
By writing books he’d also gained considerable prosperity.由他撰写的书籍也相当繁荣。
His first book was a comprehensive study of zoology,他的第一本书是一个全面的研究,动物学,
His second was a very famous tome on anthropology,他的第二个问题是一个非常著名的人类学圣多美和普林西比,
His third one was his favourite: it was autobiographical,他的第三个是他最喜欢的:它是自传,
His fourth was his most lofty, and was largely theosophical.他的第四次是他最崇高的,并且主要是theosophical 。
Animals, humans, self and God: each subject he’d applauded.动物,人类,自我和上帝:每个主题他鼓掌。
So by the greatest in each realm he hoped to be rewarded.因此,通过在每一个最伟大的境界,他希望得到回报。

Writer: 作者:
Each book that I have written, let me go and read aloud每一本书,我写,让我和朗读
to the best in each field.最好在每个领域。 They will certainly be proud!他们一定会感到自豪!
The first one I will offer to the king of beasts: the lion,第一个,我将提供给国王的野兽:狮子,
The second to my country’s king: the highest human scion.第二我国国王:最高人权接穗。
The third unto the highest in myself I shall address,第三个最高的你们我将自己的地址,
The last to God: my loftiest is certain to impress!最后上帝:我的最高肯定会留下深刻的印象!

[Exits, and re-enters a forest scene. [出口,并重新进入森林现场。 Enter lion.]进入狮子。 ]

Writer: 作者:
Lion, lion, your life-force and power all admire!狮子,狮子,你的生命的力量和权力都佩服!
Your mane so rich, your eyes so deep and wise yet full of fire!您的鬃毛如此丰富,你的眼睛如此之深和明智尚未充分火灾!
Your poise, your grace, your speed and all deportment so majestic!您的平衡,你的恩典,你的速度和所有举止如此壮观!
Your paws so lithe, your teeth so bright, your pouncing so elastic!您的脚爪,以便轻盈,你的牙齿如此明亮,如此您pouncing弹性!
You are noble, for you only kill when you are hungry.你是崇高的,因为你只有杀死当你饿了。

[Lion roars] [狮子怒吼]

Writer: 作者:
Ah!啊! and so it’s written, only roar when you are angry!因此它的书面,只有轰鸣当你感到愤怒!
How dare you roar at me you rude and most ungrateful beast?你怎敢轰鸣声在我,你粗暴,最忘恩负义的野兽?
I sing your praise, and what?我唱你的赞美,和什么? You want to make of me a feast?您想我的一个节日?

[Exeunt] [ Exeunt ]

[Enter Writer and King] [进入作家和国王]

Writer: 作者:
Majesty!陛下! Your royal highest height of human highness!您的皇家最高高度人类殿下!
This fine work of prose I bring to you, despite my shyness.这个优良的散文我给你,尽管我的胆怯。
In it I explore the farthest reaches of humanity,中,我探索人类最远到达,
And in you I see the heights of goodness, grace and sanity,和你我看到的高度善良,风度和理智,
So to you I offer my research on human nature.因此,为了你,我提供我的研究,人类的本性。
Your kindness and compassion bathe this continent in rapture!您的好意和同情洗澡这个大陆的喜悦!
Faith and certitude arise in everyone you meet!信仰和中出现的每个人都确信你满足!
Bravery and wisdom just two puppies at your feet!勇敢和智慧的两个小狗在你的脚下!
Blessèd are your people since your pure and noble birth:您的人有福了,因为你的纯洁和高尚的出生:
In you we see the representative of God on earth.我们看到在你的代表上帝在地球上。

King: 国王:
Thank you.谢谢您。

[Exit King] [退出国王]

Writer: 作者:
‘Thank you’? '谢谢' ? ‘Thank you’? '谢谢' ? Well my ears must need a clean.以及我的耳边,必须需要一个干净的。
How could it be that one so fine and noble speaks so mean!怎么可能不是这样,一个如此罚款和崇高讲这样的意思!
I offer my own heart in words, all praise and admiration.我提供我自己的心脏的话,所有的赞扬和钦佩。
Is ‘Thank you’ all he has to say for such appreciation?是'谢谢你' ,他已经说了这样的赞赏?
So for nought this life is spent in wordy adoration.因此,对这种生活是化为乌有用于罗嗦朝拜。
What can a humble writer do, when doomed by his vocation,什么可以做谦虚作家时,注定了他的使命,
but weep into the night and seek the solace of his soul.但哭泣到深夜,并寻求安慰了他的灵魂。

[Enter soul] [进入灵魂]

Yes!是! Let me read my third book, it is sure to reach its goal!让我看我的第三本书,这是一定要达到的目标!
This, my favourite work of prose is all about myself,这一点,我最喜欢的工作,散文是我自己,
How can I sit and let it gather dust upon a shelf?怎样才能让我坐在它收集粉尘经大陆架?
Soul, my soul you are the brightest, dearest of possessions,灵魂,我的灵魂你是最聪明的,最亲爱的财物,
The purest and the best in me, imparter of great lessons,最纯净和最优秀的我, imparter大的教训,
To your beauty, this my earthly body is no parallel您的美丽,我这俗世的身体没有并行
You are the fastest whitest horse upon my life’s carousel!你是最快的whitest马在我生命的行李!

[Soul smiles] [灵魂的微笑]

Fifteen minutes solid, soul, I have admired and praised, 15分钟扎实,灵魂,我钦佩和赞扬,
And all you do is smile?和所有你要做的就是微笑? Now I really am amazed.现在我真的很吃惊。
Of all the aspects of myself I thought you were the best,的各个方面是自己,我还以为你是最好的,
But you are much more mean and more ungrateful than rest!但是,你更平均,更忘恩负义比其他!

[Soul stops smiling. [灵魂停止微笑。 Exit Soul]出口灵魂]

But wait, my finest literary work I shall reveal!别急,我的最好的文学作品,我发现!
If not beast or man or soul, then God will surely feel如果不是野兽或人或灵魂,那么上帝一定会觉得
The meaning of my words; their depth and clarity.的含义,我的话,他们的深度和清晰度。
If no-one else, then God will see my brilliance and rarity.如果没有人,那么上帝会看到我的辉煌和稀有。

[Enter God] [进入上帝]

God, I stand before You now in grateful, warm elation上帝,我现在站在你面前的感谢,热烈兴奋
Reflecting in amazement at Your vast and grand creation反映惊讶你的丰富和大创造
Upon your little Finger-Tip the planets make their dance.一旦你的小指尖行星使他们的舞蹈。
Your Grace is in the eye of Time, of Mystery and Chance.你的恩典是在眼睛的时间内,充满了神秘感和机会。
Throughout the universe Your fond Compassion reigns supreme.在整个宇宙您喜欢同情至高无上。
I am glowing with delight to play my part inside Your Dream!我很高兴发光发挥我在你的梦!

God: 上帝:
It is all right.这是所有权利。

[Exit God] [退出上帝]

Writer: 作者:
‘All right‘? '好吧' ? ‘All right’ only? '好吧'只? No!否! Alas!唉!
My finest and most lofty work waved off like so much gas?我的最好的和最崇高的工作挥手像这么多气?
How could God Himself be so devoid of love and gratitude?上帝怎么会如此缺乏爱和感激?
To think I hoped to be like him!以为我希望像他一样! Well I don’t like His attitude!嗯,我不喜欢他的态度!
I hoped at least my Heavenly Father could say something nice,我希望至少我的天父可以说好听,
But in Him instead I found a heart as hard as ice.但是,在他而不是我发现了一个心像冰。
I found only disappointment in so-called superiors,我发现只有失望,所谓上级,
Let me teach them something!让我教他们的东西! I’ll visit their inferiors!我要访问它们的低人一等!
The tiger stands in second place for bravery and might.老虎站在排在第二位的勇气和实力。
I’ll choose my words to cunningly assure him of his height.我会选择我的话狡猾向他保证,他的身高。

[Exits, and re-enters a forest scene. [出口,并重新进入森林现场。 Enter tiger.]进入老虎。 ]

Tiger, tiger burning bright!虎,虎燃烧光明! Your markings are the oddest,您的标记,是古怪,
But in the forest hierarchy, surely you’re too modest!但是,在森林层次,当然你太谦虚!
With your deft skills and courage all lions you’d defeat!与您的娴熟技巧和勇气,所有的狮子您想要打败!
Such claws!例如爪子! such teeth!这样的牙齿! You’d mangle any hero into meat!您想要的任何英雄曼格莱到肉!
Lions are just pansies, all strutting, pompous fluff!狮子只是三色紫罗兰,所有strutting ,浮夸浮华!
All they really do is roar to make themselves look tough!他们真的是注重成果的年度报告,以使自己看起来艰难!

Tiger: 老虎:
Yes.是。 Yes!是! Thank you little human!谢谢你什么人! Now I see!现在我看!
I’m Top Cat, I’m all that, it’s all about me!我顶猫,我这一切,这一切都对我的!

[Writer nods] [作家点头]

[Tiger struts around, then finds a gold ring on the ground and carries it in his mouth] [老虎支柱周围,然后找到一个金戒指,并在地面上进行它在他的嘴]

Tiger: 老虎:
What’s this?这是什么? Let’s see, is it something nice to eat?让我们看看,是好东西吃?
Yeuch , it’s made of gold! Yeuch ,这是金子做的! What use is anything but meat?什么用什么,但肉?

[Drops the ring by the Writer, and exits] [滴眼液环的作家,并退出]

Writer: 作者:
O!哦! Such a fine, expensive, jewelled, golden ring!这样的罚款,昂贵,宝石,金戒指!
Such gratitude the tiger has to give me such a thing!这种感激的老虎已经给我这样的事情!
At last someone has felt my love, my efforts were worthwhile!最后,有人认为我的爱,我的努力是值得的!
So much more one ring is worth than just one measly smile!因此,更值得一环不仅仅是measly一个微笑!
With pride and joy abundant now I’ll carry on my quest!充满自豪和喜悦丰富的现在,我将履行我的追求!
One realm adores me, now I’ll seek the praises of the rest.一个境界喜欢我,现在我会寻求唱赞歌的休息。
If the tiger loves, then let the dumb lion abhor me.如果老虎爱,然后让哑巴狮子痛恨我。
If not the king, then let his minister adore me.如果没有国王,然后让他的部长喜欢我。

[Exits, and re-enters a palace scene. [出口,并重新进入皇宫现场。 Enter minister.]输入部长。 ]

Minister, do you see you are much greater than the king?部长,你认为你是远远超过国王?
Your humility is greatness, I am not just flattering!您的谦逊是伟大的,我不只是奉承!
Your selfless life in service to your country will pay off,您无私的生活服务,贵国将还清,
Every pauper, every lord to you their cap will doff.每一个穷光蛋,每上帝给你的帽子将脱。
With your virtues, wait and see, in time you’ll take the throne;与您的美德,等待和观望,在您的宝座;
All the riches of this realm are sure to be your own!所有的财富这一领域肯定会是你自己!
You do all the work, and still the king gets all the glory,你所有的工作,但仍然得到了国王所有的荣耀,
But wait and see, in time it’s sure to be a different story.但等待和观望,在它的确是一个不同的故事。

[Minister looks around, gives Writer a big bag of money, then exits.] [部长期待周围,使作家大一袋钱,然后退出。 ]

A thousand rupees!一千卢比! I was right, and here’s the proof!我是对的,这里的证明!
The so-called highest do not know and do not care for truth.所谓最高不知道,不关心事实真相。
Those below them really see the wisdom of my mind.以下他们真正看到的智慧,我的脑海。
In spiritual height I see they leave superiors behind.在精神高度我看到他们离开上级后面。

[Enter Heart] [进入心脏]

Heart, my heart, you are so nice, to everyone so kind.心,我的心,你这么漂亮,每个人太好了。
They say the soul’s the highest, strongest, deepest, most refined,他们说,灵魂的最高,最强烈,最深切,最完善,
But where is that fickle rogue?但是,如果是,变幻无常无赖? You’re here for all to see.你在这里都可以看到。
Your love so steady offers shelter like a generous tree.你的爱,使稳定提供住房像一个慷慨树。
Even doctors know you, and I feel you with each breath.甚至医生知道你,我觉得你的每一个呼吸。
When you stop, I cannot live, and follow you to death.当你停止,我不能生活,并按照您死刑。

[Heart starts to cry] [心开始哭]

Heart: 心:
Never!从不! No!否! Words like that come only from a fool.这样的话只能来自一个傻瓜。
Have you not learned the ABCs yet at your inner school?你没有学到的自动边防系统尚未在您的内心的学校?
How can I ever match the divine beauty of the soul?我怎么都符合神圣美丽的灵魂?
I am simple as a child, and earthly is my role,我很简单的一个孩子,和俗世的是我的作用,
I am honoured all my earthly life the soul to serve,我很荣幸我所有的俗世生活的灵魂,以服务,
And praise for higher virtues I never shall deserve.和赞扬高美德我从来没有应值得。

[Exit heart, crying] [退出心,哭]

Writer: 作者:
In passing on my lavish praise the heart was o so hasty通过对我国丰富的赞扬心脏ö如此仓促
And to my soul, ungrateful, undivine and o so nasty!和我的灵魂,忘恩负义, undivine和O如此肮脏!
How my heart is melting at my own sweet heart’s humility.如何融化我的心是在我自己的甜蜜心脏的谦卑。
The heart’s the greatest part of me, the source of all nobility.心脏的最大组成部分箱,所有来源的贵族。

[Exits, and re-enters a Heavenly scene with a flower. [出口,并重新进入天国现场的花。 Enter a cosmic god.]输入一个宇宙神。 ]

Writer: 作者:
Cosmic god, I come to offer you all my devotion;宇宙的上帝,我来向你提供我所有的奉献精神;
I found that God is empty of all Fatherly emotion.我发现,上帝是空的所有慈父情绪。
I spent my life in serving Him with each breath of mine.我用我的生命在他任职的每一个呼吸地雷。
‘It is all right,’ He said! '这是所有权利,他说! How very cold and undivine!多么寒冷和undivine !
God does nothing well!上帝没有什么好! I made of Him a lovely fuss,我在他的一个可爱的事,
And did He even thank me?和他甚至感谢我呢? How can the world be thus?如何才能得到这样的世界?
‘All wrong,’ I say. '都错了, '我说。 My praise was lofty and immense!我的赞美是崇高和巨大的!
I think He has grown old, and is no longer speaking sense.我认为他已经老了,不再讲意义。
Your beauty and your wisdom are remarkably superior.您的美丽和你的智慧非常优越。
You need not be suspicious that my motives are ulterior;你不用怀疑我的动机是别有用心;
I see in you the future God, and offer my obeisance.我看到你在今后的上帝,并提供我的朝拜。
I bow to you.俺给你鞠躬。 In you I hail divinity’s renaissance.在你我冰雹神的复兴。
I place the flower at your feet which God did not deserve.我把鲜花在你的脚下上帝不值得。
In my undying service, I shall love without reserve.在我的不朽的服务,我将毫无保留的爱。

Cosmic God: 宇宙神:
Idiot!白痴! Get out with your foul words to the Supreme!走出你犯规的话向最高法院!
I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes when He lets off steam!我不想在你的鞋时,他可以从蒸汽!
How can you appreciate the Love He has for all你怎么理解爱他的所有
With such a craven attitude and with a mind so small?有了这样一个怯懦的态度,以铭记这么小?
How dare you place a flower at my far inferior feet?你怎敢地方花远不如我的脚?
As wasteful and ridiculous as pearls cast in the street!正如浪费和可笑,珍珠演员在街上!

[Enter God. [进入上帝。 Cosmic god places flower at God's Feet]宇宙神花的地方在上帝的脚]

Supreme, I bow to Thee, to Thee, Supreme I bow and bow.最高法院,我服从你,对你,最高法院我鞠躬鞠躬。

[Exit God and Cosmic god] [退出上帝和宇宙神]

Writer: 作者:
Respect is due, I say again, if not before then now!尊重是因为,我再说一遍,如果不是在此之前,现在!
All of my devotion for himself he could have kept,我所有的奉献,他为自己能够一直保持,
But he gave it all to God, I swear I could have wept!但他这一切的上帝,我发誓,我可以哭!
Now I know for certain that the highest are inferior,现在我知道一些,最高处于劣势,
And that the so-called greatest are in no way superior!和所谓的最大绝不优越!
In so many ways I put my theory to the test在许多方面我把我的理论测试
And now I think it’s time for me to take a well-earned rest.现在我认为这是时间对我来说,需要良好的休息。

[Lies dow to sleep. [谎言道琼睡觉。 Enter Saint]进入圣]

Writer: 作者:
Is it a dream?这是一个梦吗? Are you a saint or do my eyes deceive me?你是圣人还是我的眼睛骗我?

Saint: 圣:
A vision and a saint I am, I hoped you would receive me.远见和圣我,我希望您会收到我。
You’re a fool.你是一个傻瓜。 Your silly theories only tricked your mind.你傻理论不仅欺骗您的想法。
You tried to seek the highest, but you left the truth behind.您试图寻求最高的,但你离开背后的真相。
God sent me to you, and with some exasperation.上帝派我来向你,并与一些恼怒。
When the lion roared it was with joy and inspiration!当狮子roared是带着喜悦和鼓舞!
Your love brought him new courage so he spoke his mighty thunder.你的爱给他新的勇气,所以他以他的强大的雷声。
It was his way of thanking you, and showing you he’d heard.这是他的方式感谢你,并显示你他听说。
What did you think, he’d dance a jig?您为什么认为,他会跳舞1夹具? Or twitter like a bird?或叽叽喳喳像鸟?
What of the king?什么国王? You think he likes verbose appreciation?你认为他喜欢详细赞赏?
He thanked you, and you felt such vehement indignation?他感谢你,你认为这种强烈的愤慨?
He hears praise from many who are greater, more refined,他听到许多赞美谁是更大,更完善,
Less long-winded than you are.少啰嗦比你。 To thank you was most kind!感谢你是最客气!
You were lucky that he let you ramble on at will.你是幸运的,他让你漫步上的意愿。
From him a nod is praise indeed.他点头称赞确实是。 A ‘Thank you’, greater still!甲'谢谢' ,更大!
And from your soul you think a smile is such a common thing?从你的灵魂你认为微笑是这样一种共同的东西?
Did you hope to see it jump for joy or start to sing?你希望看到它雀跃或开始唱?
Your soul is God on earth, and its smile is His Divinity!你的灵魂是上帝在地球上,它的微笑是他的神!
To know that you have pleased your soul is to receive Infinity!要知道,你高兴的是你的灵魂得到无穷!
Talking of God, there is one more thing I have to say.谈论上帝,还有一点我不得不说。
‘It is all right’ means that you are right in every way! '这是所有权利'的意思是你的权利以各种方式!
God told you to your face your words were all perfection.上帝告诉你,以你的脸你的话都完美。
You became disgusted, but you missed His true Inflection!您是反感,但是你错过了真正的拐点!
For God to give such praise means all your words are ratified!为上帝给这种赞扬是指所有的话都批准!
Much more than you deserved, but still you were dissatisfied!远远超过你无愧的,但您仍不满意!
Only a fool would choose self-pity over glory.只有傻瓜会选择自我怜悯的荣耀。
Your call, your life, your progress, end of story.您的电话,你的生活,你的进展,年底前的故事。
The highest are the highest, but those who won’t believe最高的是最高的,但那些谁也不会相信
Are missing out on blessings they could easily receive.是错过了祝福,他们可以很容易地得到。
If we are earnest, pure in faith, and true unto the soul如果我们认真地,纯洁的信仰,和真正的灵魂你们
We may let the greatest lead us to the highest Goal.我们最大的可能让导致我们的最高目标。

The End - -

Mouse & Mortality: A Small Poem On Being Small 鼠标和死亡率:小诗小

Sunday, September 30th, 2007 星期日, 2007年9月30号

Beeches shook their auburn curls山毛榉摇摇赤褐色的卷发
like closely clustered giddy girls像密切集群晕眩女孩
chattering to pose and tease抖振构成和取笑
whispering jokes into the breeze窃窃私语的笑话进入微风

Peaceably beneath I trod下面本人走过和平
an early dark and dewy sod早期黑暗和露超氧化物歧化酶
wondering that all was good想知道所有良好
deeply in the wandering wood深感游荡木材

A fungus there, a cobweb here一种真菌有一个蜘蛛网这里
a brown birdsong above my ear棕色鸟鸣我耳朵上面
every sense at once obedient每一次服从意识
yet drunk on every sweet ingredient还陶醉在每一个甜成分

The dog a dizzy blur of mania狗晕眩的模糊躁狂症
in a squirrel-scent arcadia在松鼠,气味阿卡迪亚
while above her quarry peers而上述她采石场同行
twitching grey and tufted ears抽搐灰色和簇绒耳朵

Taunt her more, nut-loving friends!嘲讽她,螺母爱好的朋友们!
On your guile a life depends!在您的生命取决于奸诈!
A patch of silver in the roots!一块银牌的根源!
In my heart a shudder shoots!在我的心里一不寒而栗芽!

A tiny child in velveteen极儿童棉绒
by all others yet unseen所有其他尚未看不见
much too young to be abroad太年轻,在国外
a loss a mother can’t afford!失去母亲买不起!

Beneath perhaps in rooty rooms乌黑也许在rooty客房
she paced and sighed imagined dooms她叹了一口气节奏和想象注定
pressing to his empty nest